Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Thoughts

Just got back from seeing "TDKR."  Here are a few of my thoughts:

- Very "intense", which I believe is how Stack described "The Avengers."  So, using his one word description about both movies kept me excited.

- Agree, Joker was better villian.

- It also seemed to have more of a "League of Shadows" theme compared to "The Dark Knight."

- This was my first IMAX experience for a motion picture.  I guess I wasn't very impressed.  Maybe I expected more for $17.50.  Maybe other screens are bigger/better, but all I can picture in my mind is the IMAX screen at Cedar Point.  That seemed more impressive.  Side note, nobody at the AMC theater in Anaheim took our tickets, so we could have literally walked in and seen the movie for free.  It was a sold out show...we didn't even get to sit together!

- I also plan to see movie again, probably in a few weeks, more than likely not in IMAX.

- I wish I hadn't checked updates of the movie as often or read some of the character info/names on the IMDB.  Knowing one of the characters names or history kind of spoiled a big twist for me.  Or, maybe I shouldn't have researched Bane and found out some of his background which lead to part of that spoiler.  Oh well.

- Movie was quite loud, which certainly made it difficult to understand all of Bane's dialog.  Other parts were difficult as well with Batman's deeper voice.

- Great movie, still not sure if I like it better than TDK.  However, much more intense than all movie.

- Lots of clapping at the theather.  During the beginning with all the "special" sneak preview trailers, at the beginning of the movie, and at the end.  Not used to that in the Thumb.

2 comments:

Stack said...

The local theater chain here offers IMAX, but when I went to see The Dark Knight in IMAX I went to the local museum that has an IMAX "giant screen theater." This is like the one at Cedar Point, and it was $10, so it was a pretty good experience. I assume the IMAX at regular theaters must be different.

Ump said...

$10? My ticket was $17.50 and not a "giant screen theater."