Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thoughts on the Carrier Classic

-It's disappointing to see the Spartans lose, but that was still very, very cool.

-Mark Hollis deserves a lot of credit for actually making this thing come together. It was a crazy idea that ended up working fantastically.

-The presentation of the evening colors was a great inclusion to the broadcast. I'm glad they showed it instead of running commercials.

-While MSU and UNC were excellent choices for this game, I wish it had happened when they were a little closer together in talent and experience. It's tough to start the year against a team that everyone is ready to give the trophy to in November.

-And Duke next. You certainly can't fault MSU for playing a soft schedule.

-At least the Spartans actually looked like an MSU basketball team. I'm less and less of a basketball guy all the time, but I sure love watching MSU beat someone on the boards.

-I'm no fan of the President, but I was willing to listen to him until he started talking legislation and turned his comments into a campaign speech. Was that really necessary?

-I'm pretty tired of hearing the media, even Dick Vitale, talk about how attractive and glamorous Michelle Obama is. Come on. I'm sure Brooklyn Decker was drawing many more glances than Mrs. Obama.

-Is the U.S.S. Carl Vinson available as a venue in a video game yet? I would play every game there.

2 comments:

Ump said...

Brooklyn Decker was there?!?! (By the way, is there anyone named Brookly NOT hot?) How did she score tix? Dang, wish I would have watched more of the game at Dicks Sporting Goods.

I watched about five 2nd Half minutes at DSG. Cool idea, would have been better if game was more competitive. Any big football ideas from Hollis besides different uni's?

While watching for 5 minutes, there seemed to be a timeout so Andy Katz interview Obama. I wasn't really paying attention, but it seemed to be a really long interview, and yes, that it turned into a programmed speech. Gasp!

Good luck giving up the record to Coach K on Tuesday. Not fair to Izzo. Hollis's best ever AD move would be to cancel the Duke game.

Stack said...

Brooklyn was there to participate in the celebrity shooting contest they had at halftime, as well as to promote Battleship, which I assume the Navy was involved with.