Tuesday, November 01, 2011

I Agree With Kirk

Kirk Cousins is going to be speaking at the MSU Auditorium about his faith. You can read a little of his testimony here. It sounds like the event has caused a bit of a stir on campus this week, Coach Dantonio was even asked about it at the weekly press conference. Obviously Cousins is catching some flack for it, for example a comment on a State News story: "Is he trying to be the next Tim Tebow?" I'm behind him 100%. Of course now I really hope he plays a good game against Minnesota because I'd hate his critics to have that ammunition.

2 comments:

Ump said...

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=7177658

Interesting article linked.

Does that mean I should feel guilty if I wanted him to fail against UM?

Stack said...

You probably don't have to feel guilty... probably.

I read a little bit about the Lions mocking Tebow earlier in the week. I guess I haven't seen his post-TD prayer stance, but as described it sounds pretty unremarkable and something other guys have done plenty of times. Certainly not worthy of mockery. I think there's a lot of people, for whatever reason (shame, guilt, etc) that are really bothered by the idea that Tebow is really the guy he appears to be. I hope he doesn't give them the satisfaction of responding, because even if he doesn't have much success as an NFL QB that's only the least important thing he's doing in his life.