Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thoughts on the Game

-MSU played undisciplined, sloppy football. They committed way too many personal fouls and inexcusable (dirty) ones at that. That's not Michigan State football and Dantonio needs to straighten these guys out, Worthy and Gholston in particular. I'm sure he will.

-That doesn't mean I'm not really enjoying the win though.

-Has there ever been a game between #11 and #23 where #23 was favored by three points? I know the polls have certain unwritten rules, but that just doesn't seem right.

-I thought Michigan keeping secret the fact that they were going to wear throwback uniforms came across as kind of petty. I don't mind the idea at all and was expecting it, but why not announce it? It's not like it gave them an edge.

-The Nike Pro Combat uniforms looked pretty cool in action, they just didn't look like MSU. I was impressed by how the bronze came out even though I hate that it was used.

-Those first couple snaps in alternate uniforms was awfully disorienting.

-I agree with the announcers, I don't know why Denard Robinson was taken out for so many snaps. If Gardner throws better the lack of snaps and the wind pretty much negated his edge.

-It's been a while since I've seen a game where wind had such an obvious effect.

-They set the parabolic mics too close to the Michigan band.

No comments: