Saturday, October 29, 2011

@#$*&%!

Now that I've cooled off a bit:

-I'm a big Kirk Cousins fan, but he does seem to have the emotional fragility of a 15-year-old girl. He just can't shake a bad play.

-However, his WRs weren't doing him any favors. It takes a real team effort to look that bad.

-That includes the coaches. I don't recall that last time I watched a game and thought the coaches were just plain stupid. Nebraska played defense with seven men in the box most of the game, daring the Spartans to run the ball. MSU claims to be a running team (Pound Green Pound), but instead they throw into double coverage all day long. This is the only game all year where they haven't stuck with the running game to a ridiculous extent. Why change when your opponent is giving you your bread and butter? It's shockingly idiotic. Chris Spielman and Urban Meyer seemed absolutely confused by this during the broadcast and I'm right there with them. Bad, awful, very, very not good coaching.

-I saw some fans on Facebook were suggesting getting rid of Dantonio. This is stupid, almost as stupid as today's coaching, but they've had enough bad losses on the road that it's definitely a trend. This really needs to be figured out.

-Penalties were back today (zero last week), and plenty of those lead to Nebraska first downs. The team has shown they can play flawless football, the coaches need to make sure they do.

-I hate the Huskers.

-If I ever meet one of these commentators in person I will punch them in the face, because I'm absolutely sick of them calling the MSU football team the "Sparties." Sparty is the mascot, the team is the Spartans. Get it right. It's disrespectful to say otherwise.

No comments: