Thursday, February 17, 2011

Drunk Again

I was going to write something about Miguel Cabrera's latest alcohol problems and lament that he didn't take breath test and so rob us of the opportunity to compare his batting average to his blood alcohol level, but I think Rome has already covered it pretty well. An excerpt:

Maybe Miguel Cabrera hasn’t cleaned up, dried out and isn’t flying straight after all. Not if he’s getting picked up for DUI, and throwing the ‘do you know who I am card while taking a swig from a bottle of scotch right in front of a deputy on the side of the road, he hasn’t. And not just any scotch but James Buchanan. That’s supermarket scotch. If you’re going down like that, may as well take a big swing and throw back the Macallan 25. And how about that mug shot: my man, that’s not for your baseball card. You’re getting your picture taken by the cops. Not Topps.

1 comment:

Ump said...

Hilarious. I saw that mug shot on the news last night. Topps? I haven't heard card lingo in a long time. I wonder if they still have those "Beckett" catalogs so I can check my '87 Jordan card.