Sunday, May 16, 2010

Best Joe Carter Impersonation

Pirates outfielder Lastings Milledge found a way to turn an RBI double into an epic fail last night against the Cubs. This is incredible. Check it, out, bottom of the fourth, bases juiced, and Milledge is still looking for his first bomb of the year. And he got all of this one…there it goes, a grand slam…Uh-oh!!!! Off the wall, but dude didn’t know it. He’s in his homerun trot, head down, arm outstretched like he’s Joe Carter or something, only to get hung out between second and third. Uh-oh! Owned. Afterwards, he did his best to roll with one of the most embarrassing plays ever: “I think that was the most exciting double in PNC park history. I never thought that it didn’t go out because the music was playing and the fireworks. But clearly it didn’t go out, it was a double and I’ve got to go in the weight room in the morning.” Yeah you do, player. Then again, in your defense, you haven’t hit a bomb in a long time, so I could see where you’d forget what you’re supposed to do. And that ballpark fireworks jockey did not do you any favors either. Hey dork, I know you’ve got your finger on that button, your just dying to light up the sky, and since you work for the Pirates, you don’t get many chances to do it but I don’t think you want to waste those bottle rockets on a double do you? Make sure a homerun is a homerun before you try to get that party started. Doing it to the opposition would have been funny, but you just deked one of your own. How very Pirates of them. All of them.

I can't post a video, but try here.

Pirates v Cubs on Thursday, May 6

2 comments:

Ump said...

This was a Jim Rome take. Forgot to credit that.

Stack said...

I have to admit I'd probably figure I hit it out if there were fireworks. In fact if there's fireworks after I do anything (like beat World 1-1) I call it a win.