Sunday, May 23, 2010

10-3?

David Goricki of the Detroit News thinks the Spartans will go 10-3 this season. He predicts losses to Wisconsin, Iowa, and Penn State and wins over Notre Dame and Michigan.

I'm not so sure about this. The bronze in the uniforms is worth a loss on its own. I think he's right in picking the three losses he does, right now those are the toughest games on the schedule. But I think there has to be at least one more loss in there somewhere, maybe Purdue or NU, or even one of the high-profile games against ND or UM. The fact that they might wear an alternate uniform puts the ND game at risk before they even step on the field. Goricki thinks the defense will be much better, I'm going to have to see them prove it on the field before I have any confidence in them.

No comments: