Sunday, March 28, 2010

Must Be Tough

It must stink going into recruits homes and telling them, "If you come play at Michigan State for 4 years, I can theoretically guarantee you will play in two Final Fours. Are you interested?" Six out of 12 doesn't stink.

If someone would have told Izzo at any time before/during the season that he'd qualify for the tournament as a #5 seed and would advance to the Final Four without playing #1 (overall) Kansas, #2 Ohio State, and would only have to play #5 seed and oh yeah, mid-major Butler, to advance to the championship game, he'd probably have said you were playing a video game. Must be nice to sail to the championship game. I guess I shouldn't use the word "sail." More like have the easiest possible path to the championship game...EVER. (I chose not to use the word "sail" because they clearly had problems with some teams, even though they weren't top seeds.)

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...

I agree it doesn't get any easier that the road they traveled.

I like Tom Izzo but even he must be saying, "I flat out stole that final four chair for my basement"

Spartan Slappy are you coming home for easter?

Stack said...

Yeah, I'll be home.