Wednesday, September 02, 2009

RE: RE: Wolverines Dirty Rotten Cheaters

"Those who stay will be champions."

Who the ________ is P.F.C. Toney Clemons. This kid broke the chain of command and ratted on a former team and it would appear he can't run from here to there without collapsing from heat exhaustion. What is going on in Big Blue country.

So what should Michigan do? I think those who don't like the program can transfer. Wait, let's transfer the entire senior class off the team. Let's--on second thought, Men's Sports. Let's transfer the entire men's sports department. Bill Martin, go on out there and get those boys off the field. They're packing their bags. Judy Van Horn, associate athletic director, get President Mary Sue Coleman on the phone. We're surrendering our season.

Wait a minute Judy, don't get the president just yet. Maybe we should consider this for a minute. Maybe, and I'm just spit-balling here, maybe we have a responsibility as coaches to train these crybabies. Maybe as coaches we have a responsibility to the University of Michigan football to see that scholarship athletes are trained professionals. I'm certain I've read that somewhere once.

And now I'm thinking that your suggestion of transfering these players, while expeditious and certainly painless, might not be, in a manner of speaking, the Michigan way.

The players stay where they are. We're going to train the lads. Rich, you're in charge. If these players don't run 4.4 on their next 40-yard dash, I'm going to blame you. And then I'm going to fire you.

Do off-season training rules get broken at Michigan? On the record I tell you I discourage the use of over-training in accordance with the NCAA's directive. Off the record, I tell you it is an invaluable part of championship training. And if it happens to go on without my knowledge, so be it. I run my unit how I run my unit. You wanna investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 100 miles from Ohio State Buckeyes who are trained to destroy us. So don't think for one second you can come to Ann Arbor, flash an investigation, and make me nervous.


1. I want to hear from the other 85 guys on the team that are either fine with the weekly practice schedule or are too darn afraid of big, bad, Rich and his conditioning coach.

2. I want to hear from former West Virginia players. I want to first give Rodriquez the benefit of the doubt. I want to assume that whatever he is doing with Michigan is the same he was doing with West Virginia. So, former WV players should be relevent testimony.

3. "Go play intramurals brotha'".

4. Do I think this goes on at all the other big programs, yes! Am I condoning it, not at all. I really hope he is respectful and responsible to the players health and well-being. If the allegations are true, I want something done about it.

5. I agree with Big Daddy. Winning cures everything and when you come off a 3-9 season and practicing longer than the NCAA rules allow...allegedly..., then I'd probably be upset too. Maybe this is their way of getting off the team, rather than going down as a quitter.

6. I understand that Coach Rodriquez is still bringing in his brand of players and selling his program. I realize he still has some Lloyd Carr recruits that may be a cause for mutiny. So, I'd like to know how many of these guys are RR guys and how many are Carr guys. Maybe they were a little soft. Give me some reason to explain the 1-6 record versus Jim Tressel.

7. What in the world are Ohio State players and Jim Tressel doing? Why would they defend their arch rival in saying that they also practice longer than what is allowed? The only answer I can think of is this: They don't want to beat their arch rival short handed. They don't want any asterisk or cheap wins. They want their opponent at their best. No excuses. So, if you want to be happy beating a suspended team, so be it. I get that for some teams, a win against Michigan is huge no matter what.

In all seriousness, I've never played a college sport, let alone Division I football for the U of M. You go there with the dreams of making it to the pros. To play for a shot to win a National Championship any given year. So, forgive me if I don't have much pitty on you when you say football is no longer "fun." Cry me a river. Everyone knows there is nothing more INVOLUNTARY than VOLUNTARY workouts.

No comments: