Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Punch Out

The Detroit News picked up on a story from the South Bend Tribune about video of UM's Jonas Mouton punching ND's Eric Olsen. Here's the video:



When Coach Rodriguez was asked about it today he said, "The little bit of the clip I saw, guys got tangled up and Jonas was trying to free himself." Now, I'm a little biased, almost as much as Rodriguez himself, but that looks an awful lot like a cheap shot to the throat to me. Thoughts?

UPDATE: Maybe I am a whiny Spartan fan, but I'm also right. Mouton was suspended for one game today by the Big Ten. This could be a big deal, except that UM is playing EMU.

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Just looked like they got "tangled" up to me, and if it was malicious, I'm sure that Mouton's hand got the worse end of the deal and that face mask didn't feel a thing.

Boy, Michigan has the better record for the time being and Sparty's hope of a long rebuilding process seems in doubt and you got Sparty's studying game film to find things to hate on. What, a Sparty never gave a cheap shot?

Signed,

Jordan's Hall of Fame Cheap Shots

Ump said...

I saw this big red arrow, but I'm still confused. I guess it seems fine to me. Just a typical football play.

Ty Cobb