Thursday, July 30, 2009

Quote of the Night

After starting the game throwing in the low 90s, Verlander ramped up it up near 100 mph in the later innings.

That's what he does," Rangers center fielder Marlon Byrd said. "There's a reason he's leading the world in strikeouts.


Leading the WORLD! Awesome.

Game Notes: Granderson led off the game by sending the third pitch into the bleachers. (He also did it on Monday.) He added another HR later in the game, his fourth career two-homer game. It was the 20th time he's led off the game with an HR (I realize "homerun" does not start with a vowel, so that should be the word "a" instead of "an" before "HR." However, on the baseball team, we call them "H-R's". Then again, the letter H, last time I checked isn't a vowel either, but I believe if you spell H, it is spelled a-i-t-c-h. Sorry...that was one of the words on the spelling bee contest on ESPN. Revoke my Man Card). Not too shabby your lead-off hitter is 9th in homeruns in the AL.

2 comments:

Stack said...

I believe "an" hotel, so you might be technically correct. But it sounds wrong.

Stack said...

I looked, and Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum has 11 more strikeouts than Verlander, making him the MLB leader. I don't know if that technically counts as leading the world, but I'd guess it does.