Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Airplane Movies

Our flight back from Hawaii took us straight to Minneapolis. That was a nice 7 hour flight. But, each seat had it's own 6" monitor and could pick from about a dozen or so movies. Not many really peaked my interest, but I haven't seen "Watchmen" and that was one of the choices and I wouldn't mind seeing it. I've got nothing better to do, what is 2.5 hours going to hurt?

I really know nothing about the comic book, but this was definately long, weird, and dark. It was also difficult to hear well on the plane, so some parts were a little confusing. It appeared the comic book was really hard to bring to life on the big screen, but did a pretty good job. Seemed like there was a bunch of story they wanted to fit into 2.5 hours. And, I would agree with Adam, "Rorschach" was my favorite character.

Speaking of "Rorschach," I am addicted to the IMDB, so I did a search. "Rorschach" was played by Jackie Earle Haley, who, come to find out, will be playing the character of "Freddy Krueger" in the remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street."

Also according to the IMDB, Jackie Earle Haley had a role in an episode of "MacGyver" from season one, which I own and just watched not too long ago. What a small world.

1 comment:

Stack said...

Long, weird, and dark pretty well describes the comic. From what I read, the movie hit the high points, even though the ending was a little different.