Thursday, February 26, 2009

Who?

Okay, I'd like my turn at giving my A-Rod steroid take. I've had some time to think about this. It's my own. I'm not piggy-backing off of Jim Rome. These are my original thoughts:

I don't have the time to read or watch every 4 minute interview with MLB players giving there thoughts on A-Rod. But, what I have read or seen bothers me. The most common/popular phrase I hear EVERY player use is: "...it's unfortunate for the guys doing it right."

Who? Who's doing it right? Tell me. Give me one name. Just one time I want Jeter or whomever is giving their opinion to say: "...it's unfortunate that, cough, many players, cough, including MYSELF, are doing it right." How come NO ONE ever says they are one of the guys doing it "right." It's always "the guys that are doing it right." How is it that professional athletes are all about themselves and their ego, yet when faced with an excellent opportunity to once again brag about themselves, they fail to come clean and make a bold statement of "I am doing it right and it pisses me off!" I thought these guys were men. I thought everyone was only for themselves. No such thing as team. Now, no one is willing to put their money where their mouth is and claim they are "doing it right."

So, I ask again: Who are you referring to? Who is "doing it right?" Are you? Here's your chance, for the record, to clear your name.

No comments: