Sunday, November 16, 2008

?

Is the NFL starting to bore anyone else? It's partly the league itself, but the telecasts definitely aren't helping. Here's a few things that have been annoying me:

1. Pace of the game: A better way to put this would be "too many commercials". I can barely stay awake during an NFL game because of the amount of ads. Pay attention to how much time it takes from a score to when the other team gets the ball. Score. Commercial. Kickoff. Commercial. It's ridiculous. Also, do we really need to see the same commercial 10 times during a game? I think I can recite Nissan's ad word for word.

2. Challenge system: The NFL challenge system is far inferior to the one in use in college. How is this possible? Copy the college system and scrap the current one.

3. Boooring: You know what the NFL's signature play is? A short pass on third and long. I understand why coaches feel the need to play it safe, but I'm still going to change the channel.

1 comment:

Ump said...

You forgot another one: 3rd and 10 Incomplete Pass, Punt, Commercial.