Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Joking Around

I'm not one for practical jokes or the like, but I had to play one yesterday. After Michigan's loss I was reading some commentary and almost felt bad for the Wolverines. Then I had an idea, and could barely keep a smile off my face. I picked up a sympathy card while at Target, similar to the one pictured. I then signed it "Consolations on the demise of your 33-year bowl streak and 40-year non-losing season streak." When I went in to work the next morning I stopped by at the UM fan's desk and dropped off the card.

"What's this?"

"Just open it."

(opens) "You jerk."

Then he laughed pretty hard, so everything was cool. I may be an amateur at this sort of thing, but I think this one might almost be worthy of Ump.

3 comments:

Ump said...

I'm thinking of a word that starts with "b" and ends with "astard."

Stack said...

If I hadn't been in Iowa, you would have been the one getting the card.

Ump said...

I would have appreciated it. That would definately have been funny.