Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Life in Ohio

You know, life might not be all that bad for a sports Ohioian. Think about the year they have had or are having now.

Pro Basketball: Cleveland Cavs reach 2007 NBA Finals.
Pro Baseball: Clevland Indians will probably reach the 2007 World Series.
College Football: Ohio State Buckeys reach 2007 BCS National Championship.
College Basketball: Ohio State Buckeye reach 2007 NCAA National Championship.

The Buckeyes replace anything the Cleveland Browns do (or can't do). Think about it, the whole state is either a Buckeye lover or Michigan hater...actually, probably both. They don't have division in their state. In Michigan, people are Wolverine fans, Spartan fans, and in some places Central Michigan fans. In Ohio, there is only Ohio State and hating Michigan.

By the way, I'd like to go on record that my preseason World Series favorite was the Cleveland Indians. I can somewhat back that statement up later with a post of something I did back in April/May of 2007. Basically it was whenever I was given the Detroit Tigers schedule. So, it could have been earlier.

Either way, not a bad time to be an Ohio sports nut.

But Ohio still sucks.

1 comment:

Stack said...

I'm sure there must be at least 2 fans of the University of Ohio. Maybe 10 Red Hawk fans. But I'm sure they all hate Michigan.