Monday, October 01, 2007

NCAA All-Name Team '07

Watching MSU football last Saturday inspired me to start a list of the best names in college football this year, the "All-Name Team '07". I'll add outstanding names as I encounter them. Feel free to make suggestions for additions in the comments.

Our first member: Swayze Waters, K, UAB. Overheard at the MSU-UAB game: "His parents must have been big Roadhouse fans."

I can't believe I've watched 2 MSU games and not thought to add Sir Darean Adams, LB, MSU.

Limas Sweed, WR, Texas. His QB, Colt McCoy, has a cool name. Well, cool if you're an Old West sheriff or a UT quarterback. Luckily, he's a Texas QB. But if you're going to name your kid after a bean, isn't there a more masculine one? Hmm, soy, kidney, green, lentil. Maybe not. How about navy?

Golden Tate, WR, ND. He's a Golden Domer? That's just too good.

While I'm thinking about names, I have to bring up the name of a US Women's soccer player I heard on PTI: Hope Solo. I hate to bring up soccer, but that might be the coolest female name I've ever heard.

No comments: