Saturday, October 21, 2006

Aliens, Predators, Batman, Superman, and... Monkeys!?!

This is either the coolest or dumbest idea I've ever heard: SUPERMAN AND BATMAN VS. ALIENS AND PREDATORS. Now, this isn't completely out of the blue as DC has published the crossovers Batman vs. Predator and Superman vs. Aliens previously. Or, perhaps the writers were inspired by the indie short film, Batman: Dead End. Either way, I suppose there's a thin line between lunacy and brilliance, and I suspect this two-issue series will jump right over it. But still, how could you pass it up? I just may have to check it out.

Another character that is so crazy I just might have to check out: Detective Chimp, who's billed as "The World's Greatest Simian Sleuth" (is there any competition?), and, of course, dresses like Sherlock Holmes. Who wouldn't love a crime-fighting monkey? Apparently he was once thought an embarassment left over from the Silver Age of comics, but has been resurrected recently. As soon as Barrigar finds out about this guy he will surely become his greatest fan. Maybe I'll have to find him a Detective Chimp t-shirt for Christmas.

UPDATE: Uhh, there are no Detective Chimp t-shirts, which is a sad commentary on our culture. Maybe we need Cass City Monkies t-shirts?

2 comments:

Ump said...

Is there a max. of CC Monkies T-shirts I can order?

Stack said...

Oh, I'm pretty sure we could get as many as anyone would want. Quantity discounts and all that.