Thursday, September 08, 2005

Thursday Night Prediction

Tonight the Patriots and Raiders kick-off the 2005 NFL season. The game starts at 9pm, don't be fooled by ABC telling you 8 for all that celebration crap. I mean, go ahead and watch Kanye West if you really want, but I'm ready for some football. For analysis of the game you can check out John Clayton's take or you can see what John Madden has to say (Boom, maybe?). My analysis: the Raiders have a great offense on paper, and likely will struggle on defense. The Pats can really score when they want, but their defense has some question marks starting the season. However, Belichick has had lots of time to scheme against the Raiders. Moss gets a TD, but Dillon gets two.

FINAL SCORE: Patriots 31, Raiders 20

For some reason I keep trying to type "Patritos". Maybe I should call the Pats that all season?

In other NFL news (sort of), ESPN has a poll on its front page about who will win Super Bowl XL. The choices: Panthers, Colts, Eagles, Patritos, and Other. At the time I'm writing this, Other is leading with 35.8% of 21,370 votes. I find that surprising, as those choices encompass almost every pick I've seen for Super Bowl champ.

No comments: