Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fantasy Draft Analysis


Well, the CCM 2005 Fantasy Football Draft has been completed. After a night to sleep on it, how do you feel about your team? My overall impression: everyone has got a pretty good team. I don't know that there is a clear cut favorite yet, the teams are balanced well. Having at least 7 out of 8 owners present made a big difference, and those that missed some picks had the autopick choose well for them. Some more thoughts:

Best Pick: Kevin got it started by denying Fritz a back-to-back Manning playoff run. If he's as good as he was last year, this might be the best pick. But, really, no pick stands out to me as being especially great. My favorite pick of my own? Lamont Jordan in round 10. If he performs well, he's a steal that late, if not, I've got good depth at the RB position.

Worst Pick: Excluding all the defensive players that are inactive or nobodies, I'd have to say Schott's pick of Hanson in round 5. The next kicker didn't come off the board until round 8. Definitely should have waited.

Surprises: The number of QBs that came off the board in rounds 3 & 4. That people didn't draft many kick and punt returning WRs, besides me. That Andy was somehow looking over my shoulder at my defensive player cheat sheet. Barrigar picking Vick in round 6 after selecting Bulger in round 4. That there are no clearly bad or really good teams.

Well, what do you guys think?

No comments: