Saturday, June 28, 2014

Why Can't We Be Friends

A Facebook conversation between my wife and her cousin Hillary who lives in Fort Wayne, IN:


Re: Justin Masterson's baby shower (Justin is the ace pitcher for the Cleveland Indians)


"...I did get your voicemail, glad you got them and that Molly likes them. I was in Cleveland for Mandy (Masterson's) baby shower. The shower was at Justin and Meryl's house and then we went to Justin's game (he wasn't pitching though). But it was still a cool experience. We got to park where the players park and go in thru their doors. Then we sat in the friends/family section. And for the fireworks after the game we got to go down and watch from the dugout! No players were there, but it was still cool."


My wife used to be friends with Mandy Masterson and Justin in college. They are brother and sister. He pitched for one year at Bethel College and transferred to San Diego St. University. He was born in Jamaica as his parents were missionaries.

Too bad the Mandy's didn't stay in touch...but I wouldn't sell out on my loyalty to the Tigers.

No comments: