Tuesday, August 21, 2012

RE: Warrior

Thanks for the recommendation.  It was even recommended by someone at church just this past Sunday.  It's the first movie I haven't feel asleep through in awhile (we typically start a movie at 11pm).  Started "Warrior" around 12am and made it all the way.  Wife liked it too.

If Nolte could keep his head on straight, he could turn in more performances like that.

Also, wish I knew more about "Moby Dick." That clearly had a parellel to the Paddy story.

Not sure if I liked this better than "Cinderella Man."  Both guys had to win to help the family survive.



On some other thoughts/spoilers from TDKR:

The chalk mark that Officer Blake was drawing in TDKR, what was it?  It is an upside-down Robin?  Was it a reference to Nightwing?  If so, and had I known that before watching the movie, I wonder if that would have changed anything for me.  Because I didn't know who Blake was going to become at the end.

Also, did Bruce Wayne and Celina Kyle kiss as their regular self and as alter-egos?  Was that to show something deeper in the relationship?

I thought the scene where Batman gets his butt kicked by Bane was interesting.  Every once in awhile the camera would show a quick shot of his henchmen standing above watching the fight.  They all had big guns...but no one was in a ready position.  There was even a look of embarrassment on their face.  Like they knew this wasn't going to end well for Batman and it was going to be hard to watch, but had to watch because no one had ever been able to take him down.  None of the henchmen looked worried that Bane might get into trouble and they better be ready to shoot.  It was like they were watching a trainwreck.  They didn't want to see it happen, but yet couldn't turn away.  You could argue they looked like they felt sorry for him.

1 comment:

Stack said...

I think Blake was drawing a graffitti-style bat symbol. It's on the cover to the movie soundtrack.

I don't think there was too much significance to the kissing. The relationship is usually shown as between Batman and Catwoman but I think they needed to do both because of the story.

The second time I saw the movie I definitely noticed what the same thing about the "breaking the Bat" sequence. There's one shot in particular where a henchmen looks pretty uncomfortable.