Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Triple U

Unfunny, Unreadable, and Uninspiring

"Triple U" is a Jim Rome Show bit. Find something in the world that is basically lame but others may find "funny," and it becomes a "Triple U" contest (via email or text) on the JR show.

For example: The tool in the office that says, "Hey, who's the new guy!?!?" when a co-worker finally comes back after a week long vacation. It's not really funny. It's lame.

Here is something that isn't necessarily funny, but lame: Being charged for a cup of water/ice at fast-food retaurants, golf courses, party stores, and gas stations to name a few.

In early August I was heading to Peru, IL and we stopped at a party store that I think was just across the Illinois border. I had a warm Gatorade in the van, I just needed a cup of ice. Come to find out, that will be $.25.

I decide to suffer without it.

Then we stopped at a gas station just up the road. I decided I didn't want to suffer, so I'll pony up the $.25. Come to find out, at this crapland it's $.35... + TAX. I had to pay $.37 for a cup of ice. No water. Just ice.

Lame.

Side note: Two minutes later we decided we were hungry and walked across the street to a Wendy's where I ordered a meal...and a cup of FREE ice water.

No comments: