Tuesday, August 30, 2011

24

My dad and I went golfing yesterday at Arrowhead Golf Course in Caro. I already had a giftcard of 18 holes for two people. We were teeing off at noon and I didn't have my pullcart, so we wanted a golf cart.

$24.

"Is that with the greens fees?"
"No. There are two of you, so $12 each is $24."
"Um, dad, we can walk."

Seriously? Is it possible I could rent a Mustang for 4 hours for less than $24? I don't know really, just guessing. $24? Really? I realize the weight of an extra person would use more gas (it might even be a battery cart), but an additional $12?

If they are trying to get society more physically fit by walking, well, I guess they achieved that goal.

Later on in the day...

After the first 9 holes, I went into the clubhouse to get a simple cup of icewater.

"$0.25"

That's right. Water from the tap is now $0.25. Man, styrofoam and a straw doesn't grow on trees anymore.

More on this in a future post.

No comments: