Thursday, July 21, 2011

Car of the Week



On Father's Day, we went to Frankenmuth to celebrate...everyone's birthday. There are four June birthday's in the King family, so we get big discounts on the chicken dinners, yada yada yada. Woohoo!

As we were leaving the Bavarian parking lot, I noticed some humans checking out a vehicle as if they've never seen one before, let alone certainly not their way of transportation that afternoon.

So, when they were done gawking, I stolled over and tried to pretend it was just another ugly Bugatti. It didn't take long for me to also realize I'd never seen this type of car before, in fact, I had no idea what it was (that's not really saying much, I know Japanese about as good as cars). I looked at the emblem on the grill, but that was really no help. It looked like two M's inside each other. I really should have taken a picture. Not sure why I didn't. Maybe because I knew this was nothing in the ballpark of a Bugatti, and once you've seen one of those, everything else is just small potatoes.

But, I filed it in the back of my mind and hoped the M's had something of importance...or at least that I thought they were M's and could help me later. So, it's now later and I did a little search of auto's that start with the letter M...that I've never heard of and would sound foreign/expensive. I don't know the model, but it's in the Maybach family tree.

A 2011 Maybach ranges between $372,000 and $463,000 if you are shoping for a vehicle.

1 comment:

Stack said...

Judging by the website, there's not even a Maybach in Michigan that you could buy.

I'm sure they are very luxurious cars, but if I was going to spend that much money I'd want a little less luxury and a little more horsepower.