Saturday, December 04, 2010

Michigan Man

Let me weigh in on the recent discussion of one Rich Rodriquez.

I am not retracting from my stance that Rich Rod should be replaced. Then again, this isn't three years ago where there was a wishlist of possible coaches.

But, since it appears the wishlist is now down to ONE possible coach, if you can't get him, keep Rich Rod. If you can't get Jim Harbaugh, then don't get anyone else. However, I still wouldn't be opposed to a Kirk Frentz from Iowa. I don't know a lot about the guys at TCU or Boise State right now, but their offense probably wouldn't be too far off of what Michigan currently has, so maybe that transition wouldn't be too difficult.

So, here is my updated list of possible coaches:

1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Rich Rodriquez
3. Kirk Frentz
4. Chris Peterson - Boise State (if he brings the blue carpet)
5. Gary Patterson - TCU

I'd still be surprised if AD David Brandon strung everyone along until AFTER the Bowl game. Maybe we could move that date up to next week and end this drama. Why go through another 3-4 weeks of speculation? Plus, does it help recruiting? Probably hurts.

Side note: I still don't miss Lloyd Carr.

1 comment:

Stack said...

Changing to a blue field is about the only thing that could make me hate Michigan more.

Three years of being the laughingstock of college football and you don't miss Carr at all? Really?

I guess I don't know a ton about Ferentz, but I just can't see him leaving Iowa.

I believe the general opinion is that head coach issues this time of year seriously impact recruiting.