Tuesday, February 02, 2010

RE: How times have changed....

When Michigan was forced to change the high school sports schedules I figured that girls' basketball would take a big hit and boys' basketball would feel some impact. I'm surprised it's as bad as you describe. I don't recall ever going to a boys game that wasn't mostly full at CC, and certainly not Snowcoming. Even with the economy I would expect the games to be well-attended. I guess it will be equal for everyone if both programs fold due to lack of funds.

I totally agree with you on the band. I really started to appreciate the band after going to State, but even there (or at UM), priority #1 is to support the football and basketball teams. Where else are they going to march? Where else are they going to provide "pep"? If the band isn't there for Snowcoming to play the fight song and pump the crowd up, what good are they?

No comments: