Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'll Huff, and I'll Puff...

The Tigers aquired Aubrey Huff from the B-more Orioles yesterday. If I'm correct, when we went to Cleveland for one of our Baseball Stadium Tours, they were playing the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (not just the Rays, the Devil Rays). We were all standing on the porch in left field...about 25 yards from a delicious lemonade stand...watching the TB batting practice. All of a sudden, a homerun ball came flying right at us. The ball hit my hand (ouch) and bunced around us. I eventually got the ball. But, if memory serves me correct, I wanted to know who hit the ball, and all I could see was "Huff" and #44.


UPDATE BEFORE POSTING: Apparently memory only served a little bit correct. I remember the batter hitting from the right side of homeplate. I just realized Aubrey Huff's profile lists him as batting lefty, hence the major reason the Tigers traded for him.

My bad. Well, it was a great story. At least I plugged the lemonade stand back into our memory banks.

Heck. Why not make a reference to the annoying guy dressed up as an indian banging the drum 9 innings straight in the top row of the left-center seats.

2 comments:

Stack said...

I would have been disappointed if you didn't mention the drum.

Was it the lemonade stand or the blonde working the lemonade stand?

Didn't you steal that ball from Fritz? Or he knocked it down or something?

There was also a 3 Doors Down concert across the street that night. I just told that story the other day.

Big Daddy said...

Yes,

I was late in seeing the ball coming...got my stone lineman hand up just in time, batted it down and I believe Haag came out of the pile with the ball.