Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Quote of the Day

I was talking in the hall with a teacher today after the bell had rang. I was on my prep hour, he was heading to his classroom to teach. We were still talking at least 3 minutes after the tardy bell had rang and a student came into the hall:

Student (Female 8th grader): You're really slow.
Mr. Meunier (Teaching his 39th year): You're really ugly so get back in the room.
Student: You're mean!
Mr. Meunier: I know. But switch that around.

The joke is that his name is pronounced "Mean-yer." So, when you say the words "you're mean," it's the same pronounciation of his name, only backwards.

By the way, the entire middle school loves him as a teacher, so that's just how he jokes around with them. Plus, after teaching 39 years, he's taught all of their parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup he said that same joke ummmm 9 years ago and I checked with my mom who also had him and he told the same joke then. He is also a good one for assume.
-only Caro grad to read your page