Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kobe and KG should just play H-O-R-S-E

Another great take from Jim Rome, especially because it's about soccer:

You may have missed it and consider yourself lucky if you did! But, Manchester United beat Chelsea on penalty kicks to win the UEFA Championship. I know, “shocking” that the score was still tied at the end of regulation! Even more “shocking” that it was a scoreless tie! And, how fitting that they would decide arguably the biggest game of the year on penalty kicks?! I mean, how “soccer of them”!

Nothing like playing the entire game and then two O.T.’s…and then deciding the championship on penalty kicks?! That would be like Game 7 of the World Series going to extra innings, and “dragging” the pitching screen out to the mound for a little “Home Run Derby”. If the Spurs and Lakers go to Game 7 in their series, I don’t think David Stern is going to have Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant play a “game of horse” to decide who goes to the finals.

Look, I’m sure the “cats” playing the game are as bored as the rest of us watching it, but how do you decide the title on kicks? Why not come up with something a little less random like, I don’t know, “flipping coins”?! Or, a “rock, paper, scissors” competition?! Anyway, congratulations to “Man U”, your goalie guessed right one more time than their goalie did.

And as always “soccer fan”, let me save the trouble…I know, I just don’t get it. You’re right! I don’t! That’s my point! That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you. I don’t get it. And, I hope I never do!

Does soccer teach anything about life and fighting through it?

1 comment:

Stack said...

I'm always up for bashing soccer.