Saturday, April 28, 2007

Liveblogging the Draft

1-1. Oakland Raiders- JaMarcus Russell
This one was pretty obvious since it was rumored to be set before the draft even started. I'm still not sold that he's the top QB. Since the Raiders took him, I'm sure he'll never live up to this pick.

1-2. Detroit Lions- Calvin Johnson
Yes, based on ability and value this pick makes a lot of sense. Don't love the pick though. I think other holes would have been better filled.

1-3. Cleveland Browns- Joe Thomas
Nice, solid, safe pick. Is Charlie Frye that unpopular in Cleveland that the fans really wanted Quinn?

1-5. Arizona Cardinals- Levi Brown
Geez, can't the poor guy even get his face on TV when he's selected? I know, Brady Quinn looking at his cell phone is much more interesting.

Why is Keyshawn on the draft commentary team? Am I really supposed to take him seriously with Mel Kiper Jr. right there?

Mel Kiper Jr. has a cybernetic brain. That's the only explanation for his encyclopedic knowlege of the draft.

Oh no, Brady Quinn wasn't drafted by the Dolphins! What are we going to do!?! Ahhhhhhhh!

1-10. Houston Texans- Amobi Okoye
He's only 19? They're joking, right? Think of all the records he could break if he's pretty decent and stays healthy.

Call of Duty 4 looks cool.

Why are the fans at the draft always fat guys with mustaches?

No, I'm not a fan of the MLS, and I already know that. I'm pretty sure I've got that straight ESPN.

Could Brady Quinn actually be left when the Lions pick in the 2nd round? Would they want to take him if he was?

1-22. Cleveland Browns- Brady Quinn
Nope. Good for Quinn, going to his hometown team. Too bad they're still the Browns (yes, that's coming from a Lions fan).

How long is this going to go on? Longest first round ever. Geez.

Okay, with the Lions trading, I'm out.

I lied, I'm back. I'm not sure whether to be deliriously happy or very, very sorry for Drew. He has a lot of potential, I hope being with the Lions doesn't ruin it. Just don't follow Chuck's example.

No comments: