Thursday, September 14, 2006

Launching the Wii

Nintendo announced yesterday some vital stats for its new system. The most important one: $249. The second most important: Nov. 19th, the release date. I hope you like white (I don't), because that's the only color available at launch. Games should run you about $50. Prices for the controller: remote $40, nunchuck $20, classic controller $20. That's a lot of money you'll have to put into controllers if you want to play with friends. The Virtual Console games, which are (were) a big selling point to me will be priced as follows: $5 NES, $8 SNES, and $10 N64. That's a little steep. I mean, I love Tecmo, but I'm not sure I want to pay $5 for it, especially when I think about the other games I'd like to have available. Finally, Nintendo promised more than 25 unique games for the new console yet this year.

No comments: