Saturday, April 29, 2006

NFL Draft Observations

-Is there a more annoying commentator than Michael Irvin? Seriously, the guy makes all sorts of big statements, but couldn't defend an argument to save his life.

-If Leinart falls to #9, would the Lions take him? I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

-In 10 years Leinart will be thought of as a better QB than Vince Young. Unless he goes to the Lions, in which case all bets are off.

UPDATE 1: I'm glad Matt Leinart wasn't selected by the Lions. I think he's going to be a great player, but I'm sure the Lions would've ruined him.

-I think I would have preferred Chad Greenway to Ernie Sims, but what do I know?

-If I was an owner of a team, I wouldn't want my players on ESPN speculating about who the team should pick. It just seems like a way to cause trouble later.

UPDATE 2: I didn't think the Lions needed another RB, but I'm kind of excited about Brian Calhoun. The first thing I think of when I hear his name is that he scored 5 TDs in one game for Wisconsin. Some compare him to Warrick Dunn. If Kevin Jones can can get it going this year and he has a guy like Calhoun to spell him, maybe the Lions can develop a real running game.

No comments: