Sunday, December 03, 2017

Change of Taste?

So 20 years ago I developed a dislike for Quentin Tarantino and his movies, but not sure why. I guess it had something to do with "Pulp Fiction." It seemed like that movie was constantly on the cable channel network circuit every week and that everyone called it a cult classic, yet I just didn't get it. I never really watched it, it was just always on and the short amount of the movie I'd seen didn't seem that great to me. But, I tried watching it a few years ago on Netflix to see if I could see what others loved about it and give it a second chance. I couldn't make it 30 minutes.

However, a few years ago I tried "Reservoir Dogs." Excellent. Then I tried "Django Unchained." Awesome. Then "Inglourious Basterds." Great. A few nights ago I finished "The Hateful Eight." Terrific. Keep in mind, that's if you can get past all the language and gore. Even with this new attitude, there's just something I don't get about "Pulp Fiction."

Maybe I'll give it another 30 minute try.

1 comment:

Stack said...

Never watched it myself, though I think I have it on a list somewhere. I also have never been a big Tarantino fan.