Saturday, April 18, 2015

77

I'm not much of an NBA fan but I do hear a lot about if since I listen to SVP & Russillo all the time. Luckily, they generally make it interesting even for non-fans. A story they mentioned the other day got my attention. Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors apparently regularly shoots 100 3-point shots in practice. On Tuesday he made the first 77 in a row, then 94 of 100 total. That would be unreal even for free throws, it's absolutely ridiculous for 3-pointers. I'm not sure I can even wrap my mind around being that good at something that difficult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the story in espn.com and saw the video on Wednesday last week.

The best I've ever done is 16 in a row from the top of the key (straight on with the hoop) in college as well as 32 free throws in a row in college.

I've made 10+ 3-pointers in a row as a gym teacher numerous times. But again, 10 will never be confused with 77 straight.

Oh, and I've never shot from an NBA 3-point distance.

Impressive.