Friday, January 23, 2015

Deflate-Gate

This story has to be the opening sketch for this week's SNL, right? There at least has to be a Vegas prop bet for how many times they will say something like "Brady likes to shrink his balls" or "Belichick wants Brady to shrink his balls." I agree with Mark Brunell that "there's not an equipment manager in the NFL, on his own initiative, that would deflate a ball without the starting QB's approval." No starting QB would let an equipment manager play with his balls. See SNL, it's that simple. You can't screw this up.

I can't believe ESPN/NFL doesn't just bring in the equipment mangers and question them...and then they can plead ignorance.

When Tom Brady gets his shrine in Canton, I want a deflated ball next to him.

I hope Brady and the Pats bury the Seachickens.

2 comments:

Stack said...

You would think they couldn't pass it up. SVP & Russillo did a "Pulse of the Nation" (both guys do Boston accents) on the story and took full advantage.

I believed Belichick (who was careful not to actually say "balls"). Brady is definitely lying.

If the NFL really wanted to they'd already have found out everything they could. They're just going to "investigate" until after the Super Bowl.

I hate both teams, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the Super Bowl. Best case: Sherman tackles Brady and both spontaneously combust.

I've been pretty disturbed this week listening to how NFL players casually accept all kinds of cheating. It's kind of depressing.

Anonymous said...

I noticed that as well. Whether it was the admission that Offensive lineman hold on EVERY play and that it's not cheating unless you get flagged or some other form of cheating disguised as "technique."

Ump