Sunday, March 25, 2012

RE: ? (that probably doesn't narrow it down)

From Stack: "Is it just me, or is the NCAA tourney 50% commercials this year?"

I noticed college basketball has decided to get into the "timeout" era where every other sport (basically footall) has a graphic that shows how many timeouts a team has. Because in basketball, especially the tournament, one would easily think each team has 20...per half. But it's only FIVE total. I know, that's impossible. Here's the deal. They have scheduled media timeouts at the 16:00, 12:00, 8:00, and 4:00 marks from what I've noticed or can tell. I'm 100% sure on the 16:00 and 12:00. I may have seen a TO at the 10:00 yesterday, but you get the point.

I always love it when they just come back from a media TO and one of the teams goes on a mini-run in about a 2-minute period. So, one team calls TO to stay in the game. They come back from commercials and play for two more minutes and...another media TO. It feels like three separate 4-minute commercial breaks. Four minutes of action, 12 minutes of cars/beer/insurance. So, yeah, it does feel like the NCAA tourney is 50% commercials this year.

No comments: