Saturday, September 24, 2011

Exactly two months after...

...Captain America was released, I finally saw it at...The Cass Theater. That's right. Decent movies must be at a premium these days, so ole Dick hit up CA and this weekend is having "Friends With Benefits." Nine weeks after a movie is released, do the movie studios even bother with asking for a cut of the sales? If studios get 50% for opening weekend, what is the ninth week, 5%? Good for Dick if that's the case. I hope he had a great weekend. (There was probably 15 people on the final night.)

I got very lucky however. This lets you know that I've gone back to work: I haven't been on Main Street in Cass City between Seeger and Leach (where the Theater is located) in the last two weeks. If I had, I would have seen the CA poster as the "next week coming attractions" poster. So, not only did I not see it as the upcoming movie, I didn't drive by the theater until Thursday night the last night it was showing. I just happened to glance at the sign marquee at 4:45pm giving me just a little over two hours to make plans.

Thoughts: Worth the wait, especially since I was counting down the weeks until it was to be released on DVD. I gave up hope I'd ever see it, so it was a nice surprise. With about 15 minutes left in the movie, I remembered to pay attention for the Wilhelm scream. But I missed it already. They definately worked hard to make sure we saw that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in the Stark family. They made sure to portray daddy as a "player."

1 comment:

Stack said...

I'm actually pretty curious what the studios take at this point. According to Amazon it hits DVD on 10/25. Of course going to the Cass is nearly as cost-effective as renting the DVD, so I guess you can't go wrong. He should have done a Cap/Thor double-header.