Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Fantasy Football 2005

August is here and it's only 20 days until the first scheduled draft. I'd like to get some thoughts on where we should play this year. The options:

1. Yahoo
League ID# 7276
Password: monkie
Pros: Familiarity. We've played at Yahoo before and know how it works. Dependable.
Cons: Least options available of any of the choices. Stats aren't live. Only basic message board. Awful draft time (Aug 23).

2. ESPN
Go here to join.
Pros: Greatest number of options. Has divisions and the most flexible scoring and rosters. Lets you use your own logo. Should save league for use next year (I think). Best message board. Pretty sure stats are live. Good draft time (Sept 6).
Cons: I've heard the live draft function is a little sketchy. Pre-rank system is awful. Don't expect analysis on-site, they want you to play for everything. Might be a little buggy, they seem to be straining to deal with the extra traffic since they weren't free last year.

3. FoxSports
League ID# 4921
Password: monkie
Pros: Live stats. Almost as customizable as ESPN. Weekly awards and a trophy room (I think that's right). Very similar to Yahoo, but beefed up a little. Lots of analysis available on-site. Good draft time (Sept 5). Good message board. A couple other interesting features. If you have a hotmail account, it should be easy to sign-up.
Cons: Unfamiliar. Not as many options as ESPN.

Also, don't forget about College Fantasy Football coming from CBS-Sportsline. Sign up, check these out, let me know what you want to do. I think we could either A) play all 3 leagues seriously, B) pick one and go with it, C) set one draft and transfer those rosters to all leagues and see which one we like best, or D) umm, other. I was leaning towards ESPN, but I'm a little wary of problems I've read other people have been having. FoxSports is seeming more appealing than it was. Anyway, do what you have to do and let me know.

No comments: